Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Today is National Library Worker's Day!

Here is one of my favorite authors and humans, Jason Reynolds, talking about libraries and librarians (it is from a few years ago). 


I'd like to thank all of the librarians and library aides and student aides I have had the privilege to encounter and work with! Most of you at Spring Harbor probably don't remember Mrs. Lazorik, but she was the nurses aide and library aide when I started working here and she was such a joy to work with!  She loved the students and helped me, new to middle school and being a full time librarian, find my way!  She also kept the library clean and the circulation desk organized! I have not done a great job of the clean and organized desk since she left 🤔.  When we can have visitors back in the school building maybe you will meet her because she is such a great human (another one of my favorite humans) that she comes in and volunteers to help shelve books or process books... in other words, she comes in an volunteers to do the job she used to get paid for!  Thanks Mrs. Lazorik!

And... if you need any reminders about why school librarians are important see below... (click on the first image to open it up so you can zoom in to read it better).





No comments:

Post a Comment