Tuesday, April 13, 2021

April is also National Poetry Month!


April is a month full of celebrations!  Not only do we celebrate School Library Month, but we also celebrate National Poetry Month in April (and a few more things I'll share later). This year marks the 25th anniversary of National Poetry Month and you can celebrate it in so many ways!

One way you can participate is by sharing your favorite poem on this form and I'll include it in a future blog post!

One of my all time favorite poems is by American poet E.E. Cummings "I carry your heart with me" (printed below).  I love the use of spacing and punctuation as it adds so much meaning to the words in the poem.

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
                                                      i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment