Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Let's talk Booktok...

I had not yet joined the world of TikTok until recently.  In preparing to celebrate this year's School Library Month I came across something called Booktoks.  You can read more about them here, and see some good examples. In short, they are TikTok videos where people share books they love, books they are reading, the experience they have/had while reading a book, etc.  They can show the person or not; the person can be talking or not; they can use music or not; but ultimately all of them show the book(s) they are talking about.  
Here are a few more examples that I came across when looking up what Booktoks were.  I discovered that there are several Pinterest boards that save these Booktoks. (Make sure when you open the links to click on the video so the sound comes on.)
I was intrigued that this is such a popular thing on TikTok, and excited that people like to create these to share what they are reading!  I just recently made my first TikTok, which is a #booktok and I realized TikTok is not as easy as it looks 😄.  Here is my first attempt... I wanted to share all the books I liked as a kid... but I only had the one that I read as a kid (the first book in the video).  The others I read as an adult.  Again, first go at it, but wanted to share it with you.  




I'll keep trying things out and would love to see what you SHMS students have to share!  

You don't have to use TikTok to create one!  You can use a screencast software like screencastify or loom, or you can use Canva as they have TikTok templates you can use and walk you through what to do! You can also use Awesome Screenshot which is a Chrome extension and allows you to do videos and screenshots.

If you want to share your Booktok or anything else to be featured in these posts during April, fill out this form!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment