Tuesday, April 21, 2020

What I'm missing right now....

It's been a few weeks of us exploring what virtual learning is like... and you may find you like it or hate it.  As an introvert, I don't mind a quiet space alone with my new co-workers (my dogs Baxter and Dante pictured in this post) to do my work... at least I thought I wouldn't mind it.  Besides my new co-workers being demanding at times, I really miss socializing with my colleagues and my students at Spring Harbor Middle School.
I miss being able to get students a new Chromebook immediately when their's stopped working...
I miss being able to unpack and ready all the new book orders that are coming into school at this time of the year...
I miss my work space in the library, where my new co-workers (again, my dogs) can't find me and start demanding they be fed or be given a treat or let outside...
I miss students coming into the library to find books...
I miss having random conversations with students throughout the day...
I even miss you crazy kids coming in at recess and not doing what you were supposed to be doing.
I miss the way my job used to be...
and I'm sure you all miss the way school used to be. Because if I, an introvert, misses socializing, I'm sure all of you super social middle schoolers miss it very much as well.

I'm hoping to include items in this blog some of the great things available to use during our Safer at Home time... and to continue it once we are all back to being together in school as a way to continue to share out some of the awesome resources, books, etc that are out there for you to explore to follow your passions or find new ones.

I hope everyone is safe and happy... and I hope you are finding time to communicate with your teachers, friends, and family in a variety of ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment