Thursday, April 30, 2020

Free Audiobooks start today!


Today's the day!  The start of AudioFile's SYNC 2020 free audiobooks!
I have participated in this for the past three years, downloading and listening to some amazing audiobooks - and all for free!

I never thought I would like audiobooks... I always enjoyed sitting down and reading a book and getting lost in the story. I thought listening to a book I would get distracted and my eyes and thoughts would wander since I wasn't focusing on the pages of a book.  And sometimes that does happen... but then I just rewind a bit =).

I have found that I really enjoy listening to certain types of books as audiobooks.  I also like to listen in the car driving to work, where I don't have to do too much thinking about where I am going because it is a drive I make (well used to make - and hopefully will again soon) 5 times a week.  It also helps me not develop road rage while stuck in traffic, but rather makes me see sitting in traffic as a gift - more time to listen to my book.  I also like to listen to audiobooks when I'm exercising on my elliptical machine at home.  I am not a fan of exercising, but have found I am much more motivated to do it if I know that I'm going to be listening to a good book for a half an hour while working up a sweat.

I'm so thankful to have these books to download each week from now until the end of July!  I hope you give a title or two, or more, a try and find something engaging to listen to!

No comments:

Post a Comment