Monday, June 22, 2020

Celebrate Pride Month!


Celebrate Pride Month by reading some great LGBTQ literature!

MMSD's ebook/audiobook platform Sora (also known as OverDrive) has a collection to celebrate Pride Month.  Once you sign in scroll down a bit and you will see a link to the collection: 

You can also click on the collections link from the upper right of the main page, and see this and other collections. 

Recommendations from me: 
The Gravity of Us, by Phil Stamper - I listened to this and thoroughly enjoyed it!  We have it as an audiobook or an ebook on Sora.

I'll Give you the Sun, by Jandy Nelson - I can't tell you how wonderful this book is!  Everyone who I know who has read it, teachers and students, has loved the story and the characters. We have this only available as an ebook. 

If you want some nonfiction I recommend The 57 Bus, by Dashka Slater that tells a story about not only LGBTQ issues, but also about criminal justice. 






No comments:

Post a Comment